Re: Event.observe problem with IE8

Michael Huber

Oct 12, 2012, 11:11:27 AM10/12/12
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
the problem occurred in combination with google maps api v3. i deactivated google maps for ie<9 and it works. not a solution, but a workaround until i have time to fix it (or google fixes it!?)

cheers,
Mike

Am Montag, 1. Oktober 2012 12:32:53 UTC+2 schrieb Michael Huber:
I've a problem with Event.observe on the following site:
http://www.seminardmc.at/de/menu10/seminare21/?termin=65

Sorry, the website is in German only. The problem occurs when I'm clicking the button "Jetzt anmelden / vormerken" on the left side of the page. In
http://www.seminardmc.at/templates/dmc/functions/javascript/seminare.js
on line 13 I'm defining an event handler as follows:
$('anmeldenOpen').setStyle({cursor:'pointer'}).observe('click', this.open.bindAsEventListener(this));

The code before and after line 13 is working normally. But the method called "open" never gets triggered in IE8. It works, if I use IE9 and switching to IE8 by pressing F12. Using the IE8 directly, no error is thrown and nothing happens by clicking on the button.

I've already tried other websites with IE8 with the same prototype version (1.7) where I also use the same notation for assigning an event handler: and it works! So something in www.seminardmc.at happens so Event.observe doesn't trigger and I absolutely don't know what to do! I've been testing for hours, even tried the newest prototype version. I've been using prototype.js since 2008 (I think), but this kind of behaviour never occurred. Please help!

Thanks in advance,
Mike