Emulating css position static with Prototype

kstubs

Sep 29, 2012, 12:23:16 PM9/29/12
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
The problem with position static, that I can see, is not only is the content static in the y-space, but also in the x-space.  This means that if a user scrolls the page left and right, well then the item(s) that you have fixed in a left hand gutter (as an example) do not remain fixed in this space, they end up sliding over the top of your content.

I'm looking for a Prototype.js alternative for this.  Any tips?
I can think of an alternative approach that might be suitable would be a scrollable div container.  I see these more and more, I'm not sure if these are coded with JavaScript or just using CSS overflow style on the div container.

Karl..

kstubs

Sep 29, 2012, 1:25:48 PM9/29/12
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
Correction, I mean the CSS position is "fixed".