Is someone working on Scripty2?

Victor

Nov 30, 2011, 1:41:58 AM11/30/11
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
Is Scripty2 still developed? Or it is as alive (half-dead, actually) as Prototype? I've posted tickets on both projects in Lighthouseapp but no response...

joe t.

Nov 30, 2011, 8:33:46 PM11/30/11
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
i created a live bookmark in Firefox well over a year & a half ago
that was supposed to provide news updates for Scriptaculous/Scripty2
(http://feeds.feedburner.com/scriptaculous) & in that time, the only
news items were 1 post about a maintenance release to fix a Prototype
1.7 compatibility issue, and 3 posts about online Javascript Master
Classes.

Personally, i think it's time to call the patient's Time Of Death.
Javascript engines have been advancing, new functionality being added
to the core language, new devices & platforms for JS to adapt to...
Most libraries are keeping up while Proto & Scripty 1 & 2 have barely
shown signs of a heartbeat.

It used to matter to me, but i haven't even used Prototype in over a
year.
-joe t.