Dev i need your help !

Gauthier

Aug 3, 2011, 2:27:42 PM8/3/11
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
Hello everyone ! I'm using prototype with glider.js who allow me to
switch between gallery by staing on the page. Right but i'd like to
apply a lightbox (prettyphoto) on the pircture in this gallery...
The problem is when i install prettyphoto in the website it doesn't
work ! When i removed the prototype.js script, it works again but my
gallery switch doesn't work then...

How can I use both ? Thanks a lot

here you have my exemple : http://not-for-sale.be/folio

Thanks for help guys ;)

Walter Lee Davis

Aug 4, 2011, 11:24:50 AM8/4/11
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
I'm not familiar with prettyphoto, but is it by any chance based on
jQuery? That may be your problem right there. There are scads of
lightboxes that use Prototype and Scriptaculous, and they won't
conflict. If you're dead-set on using prettyphoto, you can look
through its source code to see if it's using jQuery, and then read the
documentation for any reference to jQuery.noConflict() -- this will be
required to allow your page to work. I still won't recommend this
approach, because Prototype + Scriptaculous + jQuery is one mammoth
load of JavaScript for any browser -- but particularly mobile browsers.

Walter

> --
> .

Victor

Aug 5, 2011, 12:41:10 PM8/5/11
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
Prettyphoto is based on jQuery, so you need to read about jQuery.noConflict(). But there in internet is a couple of another lightboxes based on Prototype (you can search at http://scripteka.com/), maybe they will fit your needs.