Ajax.Autocompleter doesnt work on firefox

Virginia

Mar 3, 2010, 2:54:51 PM3/3/10
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
hi all,
I'm having a problem with autocomplete on firefox,
I'm using Ajax.Autocompleter and it works fine on IE but it doesn't
show anything on firefox (3.6)
Does anyone know which could be the problem? I'm using last
scriptaculous version.

Thanks a lot!

green

Mar 4, 2010, 7:51:38 AM3/4/10
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
I have used that control before, never found it not work in firefox. what's ur code exactly?

Virginia

Mar 4, 2010, 8:21:35 AM3/4/10
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
I have a jsp where i include this:

<script src="js/scriptaculous/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></
script>
<script src="js/scriptaculous/effects.js" type="text/javascript"></
script>
<script src="js/scriptaculous/controls.js" type="text/javascript"></
script>

then i use it like this:

<input name="apellido" autocomplete='off' id="apellidoId" size="40"
type="text" value="" />
<script type="text/javascript">
new Ajax.Autocompleter('apellidoId',
'apellidoIdAutoComplete', "autoComplete.do?tipoComplete=apellido",
{paramName: "valor", minChars: 3})
</script>

then i have a class which loads de collectiion (colAutoComplete ... it
loads the collection correctly) an then goes to a jsp that looks like
this:

<ul>
<logic:iterate id="elemento" name="colAutoComplete"
indexId="indice">
<li><bean:write name="elemento" /></li>
</logic:iterate>
</ul>

any idea? thanks!

On Mar 4, 9:51 am, green <greenlaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have used that control before, never found it not work in firefox. what's
> ur code exactly?
>

> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 3:54 AM, Virginia <virginianbar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi all,
> > I'm having a problem with autocomplete on firefox,
> > I'm using Ajax.Autocompleter and it works fine on IE but it doesn't
> > show anything on firefox (3.6)
> > Does anyone know which could be the problem? I'm using last
> > scriptaculous version.
>
> > Thanks a lot!
>
> > --

> > prototype-scripta...@googlegroups.com<prototype-scriptaculou­s%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at

> >http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous?hl=en.- Hide quoted text -

Eric

Mar 5, 2010, 9:43:23 AM3/5/10
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
Do you have any error/warning message in the Firefox console ?
If you're using Firebug's debuger, I've noticed that it sometimes just
stop code execution when reaching a line that will fail.
To see the error, you may go "on script" tab and click on "Continue
execution" (the "VCR Play button like" icon).

> > >http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous?hl=en.-Hide quoted text -

NiGhMa

Feb 1, 2012, 11:09:51 AM2/1/12
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
I've exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Evangeliste

Feb 4, 2012, 9:51:17 AM2/4/12
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
Yes

But my own use only scriptaculous 1.5.3 and prototype

Victor

Feb 13, 2012, 2:33:12 AM2/13/12
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
Using Prototype 1.7, Scriptaculous 1.9, Ajaxtags 1.5.7-SNAPSHOT - all autocompleters are working fine in any imaginable browser, including Firefox 3.6 - 10.0.