a few widgets

mikhail

Apr 16, 2012, 8:13:23 AM4/16/12
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
Hi all.
I created a few widgets for the prototype and script.aculo.us.
See here https://github.com/fntzr/astra_z
Thanks.

Walter Lee Davis

Apr 17, 2012, 8:40:51 AM4/17/12
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com

These look really nice. You should post them to Scripteka!

One comment, I see that you're including P&S within your code, and conditionally loading the various Scriptaculous libraries from the src directory. You might want to consider allowing for CDN use instead. Perhaps there's a way to refactor your setup code to test first to see if the library is present before setting its _path and _autoload and going that route.

Walter

Victor

Apr 17, 2012, 10:59:28 AM4/17/12
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
I created a few widgets for the prototype and script.aculo.us.
See here https://github.com/fntzr/astra_z

In your "Get started" instruction <script> goes before <link> - some people probably will literally copy this sample. Would be more correct to show that styles should be included before scripts (more browsers will be able to parallelize download).

Also in your code parseFloat(Prototype.Version) will work only for major version numbers like "1.6", "1.7". What about minor versions like "1.7.0.1"?

Victor

Apr 18, 2012, 3:06:25 AM4/18/12
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
Do you use any source formatting tools? Formatted source will be easier to develop/support.

Apr 18, 2012, 5:21:34 AM4/18/12
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
На 17.04.2012 15:40, Walter Lee Davis напісаў(ла):

> On Apr 16, 2012, at 8:13 AM, mikhail wrote:
>
>> Hi all.
>> I created a few widgets for the prototype and script.aculo.us.
>> See here https://github.com/fntzr/astra_z
>> Thanks.
>>
> These look really nice. You should post them to Scripteka!
>
> One comment, I see that you're including P&S within your code, and conditionally loading the various Scriptaculous libraries from the src directory. You might want to consider allowing for CDN use instead. Perhaps there's a way to refactor your setup code to test first to see if the library is present before setting its _path and _autoload and going that route.
>
> Walter
>
>> --

Thanks Walter.
Now libraries are loaded from remote sources. But it is possible to load locally.

Apr 18, 2012, 5:27:26 AM4/18/12
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Victor.
I fixed a minor bug with version control.
And i corrceted "Get started" section.
What do you mean "source formatting tools"?