3.5.2 and 3.5.1.1 releases soon?

Jeff Hodges

May 22, 2018, 5:35:38 AM5/22/18
to Protocol Buffers
I've hit on a bug that is fixed in master[1], and, I believe, in the 3.5.2 tag. Both the 3.5.1.1 and the 3.5.2 tag have been around for 4 and 2 months, respectively, but there haven't been any official releases.

Are those two tags going to get an official release on <https://github.com/google/protobuf/releases> soon or are those tags placeholders while more work happens? If the latter, I'd love to hear a release date! The bug I ran into is definitely fixed by a recent merge into protobuf, and I'd love to update homebrew's recipe for it instead of installing my own custom one.

Bo Yang

May 22, 2018, 11:10:56 AM5/22/18
to Jeff Hodges, Protocol Buffers
We are working on 3.6 release. ETA is end of month.

Jeff Hodges

May 22, 2018, 12:47:48 PM5/22/18
to Protocol Buffers
Dope! Thank you so much!