Failed test from tests.exe and lite-test.exe

Chris Morris

Jul 25, 2011, 5:28:48 PM7/25/11
to prot...@googlegroups.com
So I downloaded the source to Google Protocl Buffers 2.4.1 on my Windows7 machine. Per the README in the vsprojects directory, I opened the .sln file in Visual Studio 2008 (which said it had to convert the solution file to the 2008 version because, apparently, it is some other version by default).

I then built the solution in both DEBUG and RELEASE mode, and then ran the two initial tests, as suggested in the README. All tests in lite-test.exe succeeded. For tests.exe, I've attached the output (for RELEASE mode).  Some tests failed because of some sort of DEATH test macro that isn't supported in Windows. The others tests...I don't know why they failed. I'm not that familiar with protocol buffers so I simply wanted to put my output file up here and see if anyone has any ideas. In addition, maybe these tests are supposed to fail for Windows, in which case, the developers should make a note of this.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
log_for_release_testsDOTexe.txt

Pherl Liu

Jul 26, 2011, 2:27:58 PM7/26/11
to prot...@googlegroups.com
I didn't see any test failures from your log:

[==========] 764 tests from 102 test cases ran. (3249 ms total)
[  PASSED  ] 764 tests.

The ERROR logs are expected, to test the protoc complains in some situations.

Chris Morris

Jul 26, 2011, 3:28:18 PM7/26/11
to prot...@googlegroups.com
Silly me. Of course. I can't believe I missed that. Thanks.