Prosody 0.10 MySQL changes

Matthew Wild

Jul 8, 2015, 7:14:17 PM7/8/15
to Prosody IM Users Group
Hi folks,

If you are using 0.10 or trunk nightly builds with SQL storage, please
read on. Otherwise you can ignore the rest of this message :)

If you upgrade to new 0.10 or trunk nightly builds from now on,
Prosody might refuse to connect to your database until it has been
"migrated". This is part of a new system in 0.10 for managing upgrades
to table schemas.

Right now this will only really affect MySQL users, as we have made
some changes to fix https://prosody.im/bugs/268

It also currently only affects people using mod_storage_sql2 (storage
= "sql2" in your config file), although we will soon be renaming that
module to replace the current mod_storage_sql, so this is only
temporary.

As with any upgrade, but especially so for this one, we recommend you
have working backups of your database, and report any issues you
encounter to us.

Thanks to everyone who has helped with testing and feedback of the
0.10 branch, and who has helped us with debugging and fixing
SQL-related issues.

Regards,
Matthew

PS. If you are upgrading from any version of Prosody with manual
patches to the SQL module for any reason, we recommend contacting us
before you perform the upgrade. We have only tested official code when
testing upgrade paths.

Sebastian Schweizer

Jul 13, 2015, 3:09:59 PM7/13/15
to prosod...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all your effort :)

Just a side note for others: I had to stop the prosody server before
running prosodyctl mod_storage_sql2 upgrade. When prosody was running
during the upgrade I got an empty table as result.

Regards,
Sebastian

Matthew Wild

Jul 14, 2015, 9:09:05 AM7/14/15
to Prosody IM Users Group
On 9 July 2015 at 09:38, Sebastian Schweizer <seba...@schweizer.tel> wrote:
> Thanks for all your effort :)
>
> Just a side note for others: I had to stop the prosody server before
> running prosodyctl mod_storage_sql2 upgrade. When prosody was running
> during the upgrade I got an empty table as result.

Ah, hmm. Thanks! I'll look at that. I'll see if I can figure out why
that happens, and/or add a check to make sure Prosody isn't running
during the migration...

Regards,
Matthew