Stepping down and proposing Ganesh Vernekar as TSDB maintainer

Goutham Veeramachaneni

Oct 10, 2019, 7:17:30 AM10/10/19
to Prometheus Developers
Hi All,

I am currently one of the maintainers of TSDB but I haven't had the time to work on it and don't see myself being able to make time in the near future. But fortunately, Ganesh has been picking up on the issues the PRs and now has enough context and experience around the TSDB to be one of the maintainers. He has been doing the maintainer duties anyways so far and I think it's time to make it official :) Thanks a lot for all your work and looking forward to more Ganesh!

Please let me know if there are any concerns around this, else I'll go ahead and make the change the MAINTAINERS.md file soon.

Thanks,
Goutham.

Goutham Veeramachaneni

Oct 10, 2019, 7:18:22 AM10/10/19
to Prometheus Developers
Oops, forgot to link to Ganesh's Github profile here: https://github.com/codesome

Thanks,
Goutham.

Brian Brazil

Oct 10, 2019, 7:19:10 AM10/10/19
to Goutham Veeramachaneni, Prometheus Developers
+1

Thanks,
Goutham.

Krasimir Georgiev

Oct 10, 2019, 7:47:56 AM10/10/19
to Brian Brazil, Goutham Veeramachaneni, Prometheus Developers
+1

Krasi Georgiev
Senior Software Engineer
Monitoring Team

Frederic Branczyk

Oct 10, 2019, 10:08:49 AM10/10/19
to Krasimir Georgiev, Brian Brazil, Goutham Veeramachaneni, Prometheus Developers

Bjoern Rabenstein

Oct 10, 2019, 2:49:47 PM10/10/19
On 10.10.19 04:17, 'Goutham Veeramachaneni' via Prometheus Developers wrote:

> I am currently one of the maintainers of TSDB but I haven't had the time to
> work on it and don't see myself being able to make time in the near future. But
> fortunately, Ganesh has been picking up on the issues the PRs and now has
> enough context and experience around the TSDB to be one of the maintainers. He
> has been doing the maintainer duties anyways so far and I think it's time to
> make it official :) Thanks a lot for all your work and looking forward to more
> Ganesh!

LGTM

> Please let me know if there are any concerns around this, else I'll go ahead
> and make the change the MAINTAINERS.md file soon.

I'd like to propose moving the information in `tsdb/MAINTAINERS.md` up
into the root-level `MAINTAINERS.md`.

In different news, I think the latter file needs a thorough update,
too, WRT both the people listed and the partitioning of the focus
areas. Let's discuss that on the dev summit?

--
Björn Rabenstein
[PGP-ID] 0x851C3DA17D748D03

Brian Brazil

Oct 10, 2019, 3:14:48 PM10/10/19
to Bjoern Rabenstein, Goutham Veeramachaneni, Prometheus Developers
Agreed on both points.