Moving "official" JIRA Alertmanager integration (github.com/free/jiralert) to prometheus-community Organization.

Bartłomiej Płotka

Feb 16, 2020, 6:08:42 AM2/16/20
to Prometheus Developers
Hi,

As per https://github.com/prometheus-community/community/issues/6 I would like to propose moving https://github.com/free/jiralert project to the promethus-community organization.

I am a maintainer of the Jiralert and I am happy to continue those duties once moved to prometheus-community org. Initial author, Alin approved the idea as well. Of course, if anyone wants to help us in maintaining Jiralert, let us know. (:

I believe it makes sense to host in our common community org as this is official JIRA integration for Alertmanager as per https://prometheus.io/docs/operating/integrations/#alertmanager-webhook-receiver. Reasons are: more visibility and collaborating with other community projects on best-maintaining practices etc

Any objections? (:

Kind Regards,
Bartek

Matthias Rampke

Feb 17, 2020, 4:42:37 AM2/17/20
to Bartłomiej Płotka, Prometheus Developers
+1 given the prominence of "warning alert = ticket" in SRE lore, having a building block available for this in -community is a good thing.

/MR

Bartłomiej Płotka

Feb 17, 2020, 4:57:14 AM2/17/20
to Matthias Rampke, Prometheus Developers, Alin Sînpălean
cc Alin (:

Frederic Branczyk

Feb 17, 2020, 6:00:23 AM2/17/20
to Bartłomiej Płotka, Alin Sînpălean, Matthias Rampke, Prometheus Developers
Fully agree with Matthias. Happy to have this in -community!

Simon Pasquier

Feb 18, 2020, 10:32:37 AM2/18/20
to Bartłomiej Płotka, Matthias Rampke, Prometheus Developers, Alin Sînpălean

Bartłomiej Płotka

Feb 20, 2020, 7:12:00 AM2/20/20
to Simon Pasquier, Matthias Rampke, Prometheus Developers, Alin Sînpălean
It was done: https://github.com/prometheus-community/jiralert

Will change imports, adjust CI in the following days.

We are also looking for anyone interested to help maintain us jiralert! (:

Thanks All!

Kind Regards,
Bartek