Bootstrap URLs

coder

Mar 24, 2009, 1:01:49 PM3/24/09
to project-voldemort
It seems that in order to connect to VM cluster, any Url(s) in the
Voldemort cluster will do. Then, if I have two app servers and two VM
nodes, can I have App1 using url Vm1, and App2 using url Vm2?

Or both App1 and App2 use url Vm1? What is the recommended usage
pattern here?

Thanks,

Jay Kreps

Mar 24, 2009, 1:06:40 PM3/24/09
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, any URL will do, it will fetch the full cluster metadata from
that url. It is good to have more than one url for failover, but i
don't think it matters which. There is no reason to use different urls
on different client machines, but it would definitely work.

-Jay