Laptop Preventive Measures

Ng DiHui

Apr 26, 2012, 6:00:56 AM4/26/12
to prey-s...@googlegroups.com
To all,

My name is Ng DiHui and I am from Malaysia. Previously, I was one of the member for my university's Student Representative Council.

Since I be in the board, I realized that the students lost their laptop frequently and there are reports almost weekly.

Recently, the theft case happens more rampantly than before. Students feel unsafe with their belonging leaving in house and carry their laptop everywhere they go.

Some of them are poor students and they bought the laptop with their parents hard earned money. I very pity them and really want to help them, and prevent the theft being so violent.

I found your web service and found that it is very useful in preventing theft cases in my university. May I know if it is applicable in Malaysia?

The pro-package is quite expensive for the students to sign up for it.

Can you lower the price, since it is to help them. It might not as complicated or multi task as your package offered.

I hope the students will get informed if their laptop were stolen and leave their apartment. Is it possible?

Thank you. Hope to hear from you.

Drew Reece

Apr 26, 2012, 7:22:50 AM4/26/12
to prey-s...@googlegroups.com
Please read the last reply to your questions…
http://groups.google.com/group/prey-security/browse_thread/thread/eaa10ab53f4d0ead/eef363679f99fa43

Either contact the Prey team to discuss discount pricing or get the students to use a free account for up to 3 devices.

Drew

Ng DiHui

May 2, 2012, 5:58:48 AM5/2/12
to Prey
Dear Drew Reece,

Thank you very much for the information and I will contact the Prey
team for a better solution.

I appreciate your help and have a nice day.
Message has been deleted

Mika Suomalainen

May 2, 2012, 9:20:40 AM5/2/12
to prey-s...@googlegroups.com, mue...@symbiose-eins.de
02.05.2012 16:13, mue...@symbiose-eins.de kirjoitti:
> Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,
>
> vom 1. bis 16. Mai 2012 befinde ich mich auf Reisen.
>
> In dieser Zeit werde ich meine E-mails nicht abrufen. Wenden Sie sich bitte mit Ihren Fragen jederzeit an meine Mitarbeiterin Greta Kathrin Krieg unter kr...@symbiose-eins.de, sie wird Ihnen gerne weiterhelfen.
>
> Das Büro von SYMBIOSE EINS* ist während meiner Abwesenheit grundsätzlich montags bis donnerstags von 10-18h besetzt.
>
> ***
>
> Hi, from May 1st to May 16th I will not be in the office. Please contact Greta Kathrin Krieg via kr...@symbiose-eins.de if you have any questions. She will be available from Monday to Thursday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
>
> Beste Grüße / Best regards,
>

> Sabine Lydia Müller
> Geschäftsführung
>
> SYMBIOSE EINS*
> Creative Centre 4711
> Venloer Str. 241-245
> 50823 Köln
> Germany
> Tel: +49-2 21-3 99 76 25
> Fax: +49-2 21-3 99 76 26
> Mob: +49-1 72-8 87 08 87
> mue...@symbiose-eins.de
> www.symbiose-eins.de
>
> SYMBIOSE EINS* is a PR, social media and brand marketing consultancy. We passionately promote sustainable products and services.

Please don't send "out of office" messages to mailing lists. You can
always disable emails which come to your inbox from mailing list
managment page (Google Groups settings in this case).

--
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728