Oracle library OCI.DLL or ORA803.DLL could not be loaded

harvey...@sungardbsr.com

Jun 3, 2003, 2:40:49 PM6/3/03
We have a 2-tier client/server app that successfully connects to an Oracle
9i database with the PBO8480 driver. The user has only the Oracle 9i
client installed.

We have an ASP web application on the same machine, trying to connect to
the same database with the same PBO8480 driver using a PB COM. We are
using this COM for database authentication. When we attempt to connect we
get an error 'Oracle library OCI.DLL or ORA803.DLL could not be loaded'. If
we try it with the PBO9080.dll we get a similar message: 'Oracle library
OCI.DLL could not be loaded'.

Note that if we use the PBO9080.dll with the client/server app we get: 'sql
command not properly ended'

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sanjiv Das [TeamSybase]

Jun 4, 2003, 2:26:51 AM6/4/03
Did you ensure that the OCI.DLL file does exist on the client machine and is
in the path ?

Sanjiv.

<harvey...@sungardbsr.com> wrote in message

harvey...@sungardbsr.com

Jun 4, 2003, 8:59:32 AM6/4/03
Thanks, Sanjiv.

We found the problem. Bad coding on our part. We had legacy code that was
appending an @ to the server (instance) under these conditions: NOT
(POS(UPPER(atr_transaction.DBMS), "O8") > 0

So it would add the @ if the Oracle driver was O73 or O90. We changed it
to be: UPPER(atr_transaction.DBMS) = 'O73'.

Harvey

Sanjiv Das [TeamSybase]

Jun 7, 2003, 2:08:50 PM6/7/03
Glad you got it resolved !

Sanjiv.

Guillaume

Jun 19, 2003, 6:58:02 AM6/19/03
I'm trying to configure the database profile in Power Builder 8 with an Oracle
8.1.7 database, and I've got the same error message: "Oracle library OCI.DLL or

ORA803.DLL could not be loaded".
I've got the oci.dll in C:\oracle\ora81\bin, but I haven't got ora803.dll.
What can I do?

Thanks!

Guillaume

Guillaume

Jun 19, 2003, 11:55:37 AM6/19/03
On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 03:58:02 -0700,
in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity

I've found the problem:
"...\oracle\...\bin" wasn't in my environment variable PATH because there were
more than 1023 characters in...
Now everything work!

Guillaume.