Ready for comic con?

James Wade

Sep 27, 2014, 10:05:52 AM9/27/14
to potteries...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys,

I've got the flyers and loaded the van. Who's down tomorrow?

Cheers!

IMG_20140927_140103.jpg
IMG_20140927_155512.jpg

Ian Knight

Sep 27, 2014, 10:19:41 AM9/27/14
to potteries...@googlegroups.com

I’ll bring along the line following robots and a small track, I’ll also see if I can get big Silverstone track on car as well then if we have space we can have a GP.

So what the plan?

Ian

sa...@sldmodels.co.uk

Sep 27, 2014, 10:30:28 AM9/27/14
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
I can't make it, skint till monday, better planning on my part needed for next time

James Wade

Sep 27, 2014, 10:32:10 AM9/27/14
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ian,

The main comic con is in the LRV building. We are in the near by Brindley building and can't setup until after 715AM tomorrow.

Location Map: http://www.staffs.ac.uk/about/campuses/stoke/

The main venue opens at 10AM so I am going to aim to get the for about 9AM. I think an hour to get setup should be plenty of time. I'm sure we'll tweak it throughout the day anyway.

We're near the food court, so there should be plenty of passing traffic and there should be plenty of space for us to setup the track.

Cheers.

James Wade

Sep 27, 2014, 5:20:37 PM9/27/14
to potteries...@googlegroups.com

Got the cards too!

IMG_20140927_205945.jpg

Paul Colclough

Sep 28, 2014, 1:09:00 PM9/28/14
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
So, how did it go? Did you get many people interested ?

James Wade

Sep 28, 2014, 1:19:13 PM9/28/14
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

Yes, lots of interest. Can't wait for Tuesday!

Will be sending out a full update of the event soon.

jooldesign

Sep 29, 2014, 5:34:17 AM9/29/14
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

Was great to meet you at Stoke con Trent (I was the guy on the ticket desk). How did the event go for you? Unfortunately I didn't get much chance to walk around and find your stall.

I look forward to popping down the hackspace soon!

Chris

James Wade

Sep 29, 2014, 5:42:25 AM9/29/14
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Cheers for your help on the day.

I'm happy to report back that we were pretty busy ourselves! Either talking to people at our table or handing out flyers.

I would have liked to have got a photo with Craig Charles but can't complain as almost everyone we spoke to seemed genuinely interested and enthusiastic about what we were doing. We had some fantastic introductions.

We're really happy with how the day went and looking forward to Tuesday to see who turns up!

Cheers.

jooldesign

Sep 29, 2014, 5:46:32 AM9/29/14
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
That's great to hear! I probably won't be able to make tomorrow, but hopefully the week after.

Glad you enjoyed the event though :)