Meet up

Paul Dovey

Mar 25, 2015, 2:21:43 PM3/25/15
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Dave last night said he was a member of   a group called Audley Techies. They have a blog on The meet up site mainly about raspberry PI.

So I did a search of Hackspace's within  25 miles and nothing came up. Should Potteries Hackspace advertise ourselves on the Meet_up site or is it not our scene/image ?
Might pickup some more members interested in what we do.

Ian Knight

Mar 25, 2015, 6:16:52 PM3/25/15
to potteries...@googlegroups.com

Paul,

If we don’t advertise we are doomed!

For my two Pees worth we should get onto radio stoke, we have been around long enough now to have some cred, we have some tools and I guess we are going to acquire more.

We have a space, workshop, cinema, kitchen, store room, toilets, hot and cold running water….

More members bring more skills, more tool, more ideas, more projects all together make a better HackSpace.

Ian

James Wade

Mar 26, 2015, 4:45:24 AM3/26/15
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

MeetUp is great. The only problem I found was that it costs money and we didn't have public liability insurance at the time.

Many of the Liverpool guys are on MeetUp, eg: http://www.meetup.com/iotliverpool/

Pricing is:
Basic Starts at $9.99 per month 50 members 4 organizers
Unlimited Starts at $14.99 per month Unlimited members Unlimited organizers

If this is what people want, then we should do it.

Cheers.

Samuel Freeman

Mar 26, 2015, 6:18:18 AM3/26/15
to potteries-hackspace
could be useful,

the cost is roughly one member's subs, so if finds two new members ever...

but as much as (or more than) being a way to let new folk the space is there, it would be a good way to coordinate non-Tuesday stuff happening in the space