Joggler

Steven Maddox

Jan 23, 2015, 9:46:18 AM1/23/15
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Lo Folks,

I was just wondering if anyone here had experience with O2 Joggler's.

I'm about to throw mine away I think as I've exhausted my diagnostics on it.

Basically once upon a time it'd happily boot from the internal eMMC or
from USB pen (either on the internal or external USB port). Now it'll
only boot from a USB pen - and even then badly, e.g. Mint will boot but
without X11 and stuff like the birdslikewires reflasher - the kernel
won't even start. Yet it does seem still have the O2 logo appear like
nothing is wrong with the BIOS.

I've posted about it on the Joggler Forum last September if anyone wants
more information on it...

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2120

--
Steven Maddox

Steven Maddox

Jan 26, 2015, 9:18:23 AM1/26/15
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Lo,

I've given up on this, even tried to get it to boot XP (a hellish thing)
just in case it was something Linux didn't like.

Don't know what is wrong with it, but I can't reflash either the
internal eMMC or the EFI bios.

However what does work is the screen which apparently can be used in
other projects (it's touchscreen too), more information here...

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/Using_the_Joggler_as_a_VGA/DVI_screen#Converting_from_18-Bit_LVDS_to_LVDS_24.1

Next time I've at a meeting I'll drop it off for whomever to play with.
Got another at home anyway, hopefully I won't kill that one too :)

Steven Maddox

James Wade

Jan 26, 2015, 9:51:10 AM1/26/15
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

I'm sure someone will want to take a look at it! :)

Cheers.

Ian Knight

Jan 26, 2015, 12:58:48 PM1/26/15
to potteries...@googlegroups.com

Hello Steve,

Mmmm not sure what this Joggler is, not seen one but it looks like a SBC (Single board computer)  and well I would best interested in looking at it.

Not sure if I can fix it but looks interesting anyway.

This is not a silly question but as with a lot of system like this there are driver issues so was wondering if it support DOS and if so have you tried it as its about as simple as it gets.

Open night tomorrow 7pm onward if you want to pop down.

ian

lionschasing

Jan 26, 2015, 5:57:43 PM1/26/15
to Ian Knight, potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I got the cree led in the post and got the battery compartment opened up. Does anybody know how an led attaches to an led driver? It seems straightforward but there are 6 different combinations for this led. Pulse mode. Sos mode. Etc. And I dont know which one defaults to the right pin connections. I'm going to try and swap the led that comes onboard the unit for the cree led tomorrow but am worried the current drain of the cree (2.5amps) will damage the components on the board with such s high inrush current.
Would it be a better idea to bypass the circuit board and wire in a small switch instead?

Ian Knight <imk...@sky.com> wrote:

Hello Steve,

Mmmm not sure what this Joggler is, not seen one but it looks like a SBC (Single board computer)  and well I would best interested in looking at it.

Not sure if I can fix it but looks interesting anyway.

This is not a silly question but as with a lot of system like this there are driver issues so was wondering if it support DOS and if so have you tried it as its about as simple as it gets.

Open night tomorrow 7pm onward if you want to pop down.

ian

I'm sure someone will want to take a look at it! :)

<o:p

lionschasing

Jan 26, 2015, 6:06:52 PM1/26/15
to Ian Knight, potteries...@googlegroups.com