Quick Introduction

Mark Turner

Jul 26, 2016, 2:45:45 PM7/26/16
to Potteries Hackspace
Hi all,

Just sending a message to introduce myself. I've been interested in all sorts of programming/making for years now and as the Hackspace has moved to Hanley I thought I would finally make the move and come along!

I work as a freelance Web developer/programmer and also do some computer repair and teaching as well. I'm interested in all aspects of computing, in particular learning more about programming/different languages, and tinkering/learning a lot more about linux. I also play around with raspberry pis/arduinos and am always looking for new projects to do with those.

I'm also a fully licensed radio amateur and that is perhaps one aspect that I could bring to the space if there is interest? Putting up an aerial, getting on the air, getting a callsign for the club, or even doing examinations from the club in the future? I'm barely adequate at soldering so one future project, as I learn more, is I'd like to build a transmitter or try to incoporate a raspberry pi into a future radio project as I know there is a lot of scope there in relation to the digital modes.

I think for a while I'll be coming along and learning and gradually I hope to be able to bring something to the club, hopefully, at least some projects.

I'm also looking to start my first beer brewing project...which may or may not work!

Hope to see you all soon,

Mark

Ian Knight

Jul 26, 2016, 4:22:07 PM7/26/16