A quick hello and see you next week

已查看 11 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Dan Chapman

未读,
2016年6月8日 16:38:412016/6/8
收件人 Potteries Hackspace
Hi all,

I moved back into the area recently after living away since 1999 and I've finished settling in now so I thought it was time to develop some hobbies and meet a few people.  I just signed up for the group and will hopefully (work permitting) be along to the open evening next Tuesday.  I'm almost certain I'll join and become a full member but it's always wise to pop along to something first and have a cup of coffee at least.

By way of introductions I'm rapidly developing an interest in making things with electronics (and am still very much a novice) but have a long history of DIY, renovation, mechanic and various computer related tinkering.  I'm currently trying to learn how to solder well rather than just bodge two things together in a way that works.  That will support my rapidly growing interest in a hundred different ways.

My current project is renovating and improving where I can an arcade cabinet.  I've already upgraded the sound and the screen and have plans to gut the inside and put a computer in there - those plans will need me to polish up everything from metalwork to woodwork and certainly that soldering I was mentioning earlier.  It's going to finish up with me working on my spray painting skills too as I want to make the inside worthy of being looked at, not just a functional storage space for the bits that make it go.  I needed a focus to help me learn rather than just practicing for the sake of it and this is really fitting the bill so far.

A space to work and some like minded people to meet up with sound like a great next step.

I've perhaps not got a great deal to offer initially but I do have a willingness to learn and I'm happy to fetch / carry / hold that still whilst I hit it with something!  My real skills are with computers - I know networking, can repair most things that are repairable, I program a little in various languages and I'm fairly good at data recovery / forensics because of my job.  If any of that is ever any use to anyone I'm happy to pitch in with it.

Hope to meet some of you next Tuesday for a look around and a cup of coffee,

Dan

Paul Dovey

未读,
2016年6月9日 07:23:472016/6/9
收件人 Potteries Hackspace
Hi Dan
Welcome, I look forward to talking to you next Tuesday. I have an interest in electronics, PCB and programming at microprocessor level. We recently helped to repair a  vintage Space Invaders Game for a member. which you might find interesting.
You know we now meet up Hanley at 50 Broad Street. If you come by car you  can park on Tesco for free and walk around. We start about 7.00 pm so will see you next Tuesday

Cheers

Paul

James Wade

未读,
2016年6月9日 16:38:072016/6/9
收件人 potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

Will be good to have you aboard!

We're just settling into the new place, but I'm sure we can rustle up a cup of coffee if nothing else.

See you next time.

All the best.

Dan Chapman

未读,
2016年6月10日 07:49:182016/6/10
收件人 Potteries Hackspace
I know I'll see when I pop along but as I've just been sketching some ideas I thought I'd ask. Do you guys have a cnc machine? And I think you have a laser cutter, am I right?

Thanks

Dan
回复全部
回复作者