pedal-power generator for battery powered event

Samuel Freeman

Nov 22, 2015, 4:03:47 AM11/22/15
to potteries-hackspace
Hello hackspace makers and doers!

In response to a Facebook inquiry toward Potteries Hackspace, I meant with organisers at Pilgrims Pit in Stoke on Friday.  They are also a volunteer community group, and their focus is on engaging folk in Stoke town and creating a drop-in hub type space at 114 Church Street...

They are looking for help to make a pedal-power generator to use at an even in December - their idea is to run the event on batteries because the space they are in needs its electrics doing - is anyone interested in sharing knowledge with Pilgrims Pit on this?

James Wade

Nov 22, 2015, 6:07:31 AM11/22/15
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,

Here's the design I believe Matt based his on:

Did they want to borrow one or commission one?

Cheers.

Samuel Freeman

Nov 22, 2015, 6:08:40 AM11/22/15
to potteries-hackspace

Mr Ferret

Nov 23, 2015, 7:48:24 AM11/23/15
to Potteries Hackspace
Hey Guys

Can I throw my hat in the ring for this one. Its my sort of thing!

when do they need it for?

Do they need a sound system setting up?

I was on the phone today as i heard a bottle kiln was going for rent in longton, too slow! Converted to office space already! would have been perfect.

John

James Wade

Nov 23, 2015, 7:53:51 AM11/23/15
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Brilliant. I've not heard back from Sam yet who has been liaising with them on Facebook. I think he's been away in Scotland (off the grid).

I'm up for getting involved in it too, it does sound like a project right up my street. I'm happy to help where I can, though you're way more of an authoritative on this than me! ;)

Shame about the bottle kiln, would have been awesome. Keep up the good work! :D

Ta.

Samuel Freeman

Nov 23, 2015, 12:44:07 PM11/23/15
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi, yes, I am in Scotland for a few days, limited connectivity.

Go ahead and call in at Pilgrims Pit, ask for Matt or Joe, say you're from Potteries Hackspace... They have been invited to know the conversation here too, they might respond better to Facebook interact maybe, but there's no substitute for meeting in person : )

Mr Ferret

Dec 1, 2015, 6:48:14 AM12/1/15
to Potteries Hackspace
Hi

Visited pilgrims pit yesterday, looks like a fantastic project! They have a great space, I suppose killing them and stealing it for the hackspace is out of the question :D

I have agreed to help them with bringing the noise if assasination is out of the question, and will need to use some stuff... So, is it ok if I use the pedal power generator as I have 'A Plan' TM.

I also need to pick up any speakers that are available, I am hopefully going to used a bank of cheap 100W amplifiers connected to a massive heatsink and some fans, and a solar regulator (because I am cheap and have plenty)

Is anyone available so I can collect some stuff on Sunday from the stores, I would like to get busy.

All help is welcome! I will probably be down there monday cracking on.

All the best

John