Fwd: [uk-hackspaces] a BIGGER Derby Mini Maker Faire - October 2015

James Wade

Jun 11, 2015, 5:08:51 AM6/11/15
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Good news :)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dominic Morrow - Nottingham Hackspace <chicke...@gmail.com>
Date: 11 June 2015 at 10:02
Subject: [uk-hackspaces] a BIGGER Derby Mini Maker Faire - October 2015
To: uk-hac...@googlegroups.com

Hello Hackspace Folks

As you may already know, Derby Mini Maker Faire is staging it's 4th Mini Maker Faire this year. For those of you who aren't sure how a Mini Maker Faire can be BIG then let me explain... Any Maker Faire run under licence to Make Media Inc is called a Mini with the exception of the UK Maker Faire which is classed as a "Featured" faire and is run in partnership with Make Media Inc... many of you will also be wondering what happened to the large "Flagship" London Maker Faire... well that's certainly not happening in 2015 now as the existing deals fell through (but could appear in a smaller guise at any time).

So... this year at the Derby Mini Maker Faire we're expanding, we're pushing out onto Cathedral Green (for those that know the museum that's the large paved area in front of the museum) where we'll have a powered and heated marque to house about 60 additional exhibitors. Hopefully exhibitors like you.

Like all true Mini Maker Faires we'll only be running for 1 day (in the past we've held workshop days or makers days but they on the whole were confusing). The night before is usually "Meet the Makers" where we have a couple of FREE barrels of beer (and other drinks) and stacks and stacks of pizza. We're also planning (but not confirmed) a decent show/party on the Saturday night too.

We are also hoping to have a lot of fire making exhibits to light up the evening on both the Friday and the Saturday night. Derby is a rail hub and fairly easy to get to , it's right off the M1 as well and has a nice country town feel to it... Come to Derby!

Our call to Makers is up

We'd like to hear from anyone with projects to show especially individuals will to show work in progress or near completed projects... your project just an idea at the moment? As long as you have something to show we want to hear from you? Prop maker or cosplayer? We'd like to hear from you. Crafter, artisan, artists, hackers or makers... hell even programmers. We'll have a variety of booth and tables sizes from shared tables for smaller makers to buddy up to double tables for bigger projects. We'll also have some out door and dark space too.

Any questions about the faire please do email me chicke...@gmail.com as ever I am co-producing the Faire in partnership with the Derby Silk Mill Museum.

Thank you and see you in October!

Dominic Morrow
He who is of Nottingham Hackspace