480gb SSD for £89.99 Bargain

Ian Knight

Feb 3, 2016, 6:35:07 PM2/3/16
to Potteries Hackspace

Lionschasing .

Feb 4, 2016, 3:06:07 AM2/4/16
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
great...that's what i'll be upgrading my broken imac with!

James Wade

Feb 4, 2016, 3:40:51 AM2/4/16
to Potteries Hackspace
Look how its come down in price over time on Amazon

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Kingston-Technology-480GB-Solid-State/product/B00FXJWO5C

Ssds are getting so cheap now! :)

Ian Knight

Feb 4, 2016, 5:51:29 AM2/4/16
to potteries...@googlegroups.com

Ya I recon gb for gb they’ll be cheaper than HD in couple of years.

Other day my backup HD failed so went a got a 1TB Seagate for £37

Time will tell.

But for now I always run my PCs with at least two drives, 200GB for boot drive and then big HD for my data, but how long will this model hold for.

Lionschasing .

Feb 4, 2016, 8:20:55 AM2/4/16
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
I intentionally bought a Hitachi 1tb 7200rpm drive (not ssd) in case the hard drive fails I won't have to depend on the 'new' figures for ssd data recovery costs.

Lionschasing .

Feb 4, 2016, 10:04:48 AM2/4/16
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
PHWOOOOOOOOARRRR!!!!!

Vibox Legend HyperFreeze Package 20 - Ultimate, Extreme, Super Elite Gaming PC, High Performance, Desktop Computer (Intel i7 5930k @ 4.5GHz 6-Core Processor, Custom Dual Watercooling Loop, 2 x 4GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 (SLI) Graphics Cards, X99S SLI Plus (B00L91MNHW)

Lionschasing .

Feb 4, 2016, 10:05:31 AM2/4/16
to potteries...@googlegroups.com

500GB Samsung EVO 840 SSD, 3TB Hard Drive, 32GB Patriot Viper Xtreme 2800MHz DDR4 RAM, RM1000 PSU, 3 x ASUS 27" 4K Monitors, Razer BlackWidow Chroma Keyboard, DeathAdder Chroma Mouse, Firefly Mousemat, Kraken 7.1 Chroma Headset, Windows 10)

Ian Knight

Feb 4, 2016, 11:12:00 AM2/4/16
to potteries...@googlegroups.com

Archie,

What kind of games you play that needs that horse power?

Lionschasing .

Feb 4, 2016, 11:42:59 AM2/4/16
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
battleship.
Inline image 1

Ian Knight

Feb 4, 2016, 11:44:42 AM2/4/16
to potteries...@googlegroups.com

Ok, I’ll have to brush up my skills and have a session one evening ;-)

image001.jpg

Lionschasing .

Feb 4, 2016, 12:04:52 PM2/4/16
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if we could set up a flying evening reliving the battle of britain?

There's this here game that I play a lot and it'll run on a pentium 3 with 512mb of ram and a voodoo 3 card, it needs 6gb of hard drive space...at one point I got quite a few people involved, I was a flanker flying with 14 other MKIV spitfires :D

I dive-bombed through the clouds and went straight in the middle of a german squadron heading east, probably one of the only times I've managed to use 500lb depth charges in mid-flight, I knocked 3 out before they turned around...I was a goner then but the rest of my squadron had seen the smoke and came flying straight down on the germans :D