Opportunity for Young People

James Wade

Nov 17, 2014, 12:05:38 PM11/17/14
to Potteries Hackspace
Hi all,

If you're aged 16-25 then this is a great opportunity for you.

Off the back of the work I'm doing with Potteries Hackspace I have
become involved with a consortium that has been tasked by funding from
the Robbie Williams "Give it sum" fund, Comic Relief and Nominet Trust
to leave a legacy in the city with a digital edge.

We've identified the need in Stoke-on-Trent to not only improve digital
skills but nurture them by making technology fun and accessible to anyone.

So, as part of a pilot scheme to generate interest and investigate the
potential we're organising an event to take place at the beginning of
the new year.

We're looking for a group of young people (16-25) who would like to be
part of a working group to give their feedback as well as help
coordinate the event.

Your input will be a crucial part of the process as this will go towards
a report that will be submitted back to the funders.

After all, it is your feedback will ensure that this ends up being
something that you will want to use.

If you or someone you know would be interested in getting involved to
volunteer a few hours, now and again to be part of this, get in touch.

Drop me an email, find me on twitter (@jpswade).

Thanks.