Potteries hackers : Anyone interested in getting involved in a project?

Travel Trousers

Aug 14, 2014, 11:37:33 AM8/14/14
to Craig Fletcher, Ben Palmer, Jay Tungsvik, kathryn lowndes, Dorine Flies, Richard Hemingway, Kate Davies, Samuel Freeman, Graham Swindail, Steve Salt, Christopher Stanton, Kay, Paul Hegarty, Richard Smedley, James Rounce, Dominic Morrow, Tom Davies, Paul Couzens, Vic Casambros, Dan Smith, Rev Dave Wakely, hackallt...@gmail.com, Jonothon Nihill, Simon Halliday, Jordan Facey, high jack, larry, AnonCh4r1i, James Brooks, Sprout Squidge Moppet, Adam Egan, Matthew Slinn, uglyc...@yahoo.co.uk, ant burton, Steve Huggins, Dave Webster, Sam Kelly, jArshad89, rob...@capuchin.co.uk, John Barbrook, dpd...@gmail.com, Chris Swann, Chris D, Stephen Dainty, anthony wright, Jackie Clewlow, Simon Knight, Bruce Newlands, David Parr, Mini Maker Faire Edinburgh, stezzle, Peter Jones, Nick Latocha, Daniel Poon, Rich Steed, Tom Bloor, James Dodd, Lee Noble, Tim Fawcett, kamal a, Ian Knight, oopster74, Thomas Hancock, Kyungeun Sung, Jonty Wareing, Karl Ablitt, James Hayward, Paul Colclough, wsta...@live.co.uk, Matt O'Rourke, omar almorshidy, charlotte halliday, Potteries Hackspace, grupa71 grupa71, Christopher Briggs, Paul Simmons, mi...@mbeirne.freeserve.co.uk, Matt Mitchell, Potteries Hackspace, James Wade, Dan Wilson, Philip Oakley, Martyn Lavender, Jonty Wareing
Hey guys

I thought I would be cheeky and send a single email to you guys, you won't get another :)

I've been working on a project for a while now and I'm wondering if anyone wants to help.

It's a motion simulator for the Oculus Rift and it's pretty cool.

I have a website, a fairly complete design, plenty of interest online, some quotes for parts and a pretty good plan for getting it made but only so many hours in the day... I'm working towards a Kickstarter soon to fund the prototype.

Check it out : www.feelthree.com

There's no money in it.... yet, but we can share equity as per slicing pie : www.slicingpie.com

So when Facebook buys us out too, your 1% could make you a millionaire!! :p

Drop me a message if you're interested in getting involved and if you like I can come up to the Hackspace on Tuesday and talk about it in person.

Thanks for your time

Mark

James Wade

Aug 14, 2014, 1:46:03 PM8/14/14
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

Seems like a really interesting project.

I'd love to organise a talk/presentation from you at the hackspace in the very near future if that's OK?

We're really keen to get some events setup to keep the ball rolling.

I can see that this might be mutually beneficial.

Would you be interested?

Thanks.

Paul Colclough

Aug 14, 2014, 7:25:41 PM8/14/14
to Travel Trousers, potteries...@googlegroups.com
Seems like an interesting idea, but it sounds big, in both size and ambition.

But if you've already gone down the road for getting quotes then I'm assuming you know what materials to use and how its going to fit together?