Fwd: [New post] Open Night Update October Week 2

James Wade

Oct 9, 2014, 11:09:23 AM10/9/14
to Potteries Hackspace

James Wade posted: "Hi guys, Our Open Hack Night on Tuesday was busy as always. Unfortunately I left my camera behind, so I didn't get any snaps. Instead I asked the guys to give us a brief update of what they have been up to: Ian said: This week I did some wiring for ki"

New post on Potteries Hackspace

Open Night Update October Week 2

by James Wade

Hi guys,

Our Open Hack Night on Tuesday was busy as always.

Unfortunately I left my camera behind, so I didn't get any snaps.

Instead I asked the guys to give us a brief update of what they have been up to:

Ian said:

This week I did some wiring for kitchen area.
Next week I will be doing: More kitchen and door lock wiring; Build worktop extension; Help Mat wire his bathroom fan controller; Help Sam with his audio stuff; Talk to tom about what he wants to mount the wood turning lathe on. (wall
bench or freestanding).

Tom said:

Paul and myself carried on working on the RFID Door lock (with a little help from Dan), its coming along now!

Hoping to have it working next week.

Paul said:

Tom, Dan & me tackled the software for the RFID door entry. I also discussed with Ian & James about the positioning of the door units for the RFID, power supply and wiring route.. We discussed the layout of the kitchen. I also talked to Matt about his psu for his fan controller. For next week I hope to find some metal project boxes to house the RFID units and try to sort out how to store backup data in the EEPROM of the arduino... Need also to check the homebrew out for fermentation.

Myself, I too was pretty busy:

This Week: Brewing beer, Helped Ian wire up the kitchen area, painted the wall for the projector
Next Week: Bottling beer, helping setup the kitchen area with Ian, setting up AV in meeting room with John

Archie and Matt were discussing meeting for a drink or a curry on Friday night, everyone agreed it was a good idea and we said we'd follow it up on the mailing list.

Before everyone went, I also requested that everyone take a flyer and post it up where they could around the area on any notice boards. So if know of a place you can pop one of our flyers up, please do get in touch.

Update: I plan on visiting the "Journeys, Pathways and Track Plans" at Spoke Works tomorrow night.

James Wade | October 9, 2014 at 3:07 pm | Tags: beer, door entry, rfid, update | Categories: Updates | URL: http://wp.me/p4V3sO-cn

Comment    See all comments

Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from Potteries Hackspace.
Change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

http://potterieshackspace.org/2014/10/09/open-night-update-october-week-2/