Audley Techies Meetup

James Wade

May 22, 2015, 4:20:58 AM5/22/15
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I went over to the Audley Techies Meetup last night, skipping my usual Staffs Web Meet in Stafford.

This months meetup was about "Home automation and Internet of Things".

Lee and Peter gave a short intimate talk about their projects over a couple of drinks.

Although there was only 5 of us, it was inspiring to see what projects people had been working on.

Not only did I learn quite a lot about the Arduino and it's potential capability of using the ESP chip to facilitate WiFi, but I also picked up a few ideas.

1. Get on Meetup.com
2. Organise monthly "show and tell" events
3. Invite people down to talk about their projects

I really have to applaud what these guys are doing, not only in terms of their projects, but they are doing the same thing as us - meeting on a regular basis and working on really neat stuff.

Our organisation and space has really come into it's own now, we just need to populate it with activity.

I've invited Lee and the Audley Techies down to the hackspace which I hope leads to a more fruitful future for all of us.

With this type of thing and the Robot Wars, I think we're really on to something...

All the best.