USB SoundCard

Jibreel Arshad

Aug 25, 2015, 7:28:18 AM8/25/15
to Potteries Hackspace
Hi guys,

does anyone have any experience with USB SoundCards? My mate's soundcard is buggy, he can't hear the audio on youtube videos.
He's looking to upgrade his system at some point. Is it worth looking at as a stop gap measure til he upgrades.

Cheers,

Jib

Samuel Freeman

Aug 25, 2015, 7:52:06 AM8/25/15
to potteries-hackspace
Hello,

the Griffin iMic USB audio interface gives stereo in/out for around £30.  Cheaper USB dongle-shaped interfaces can be hit||miss in terms of working.

is it only only youtube that is the problem?
what OS (etc)?

Jibreel Arshad

Aug 25, 2015, 7:55:43 AM8/25/15
to potteries-hackspace@googlegroups com

win vista, speakers work fine with my phone. when you go to configure output, get message failed to generate tone.

It's an old dell system.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Potteries Hackspace" group.

Samuel Freeman

Aug 25, 2015, 7:59:35 AM8/25/15
to potteries-hackspace
I've never seen anything work well on vista

James Wade

Aug 25, 2015, 12:53:15 PM8/25/15
to potteries...@googlegroups.com

I have one of these...

http://www.dx.com/p/virtual-5-1-surround-usb-2-0-external-sound-card-22475#.Vdyc659wbqA

Seems to work fine with most systems.

However if he's having sound issues, its usually a deeper issue.

I'd suggest checking the drivers, chkdsk, sfc, etc...

Ian Knight

Aug 25, 2015, 2:40:02 PM8/25/15
to potteries...@googlegroups.com

What’s Vista? ;-)