Fwd: Churchill Valley Country Club

BBBB

Aug 12, 2019, 6:32:28 PM8/12/19
to porcw...@googlegroups.com
k.

Bob, I hope PORC will help support the process of converting the ole Churchill CC to good use. Who knows, maybe we'll see more of these types of conversions....

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 6:03 PM Steadle, Eric <Eric.S...@netapp.com> wrote:
Hi Bob,

Eric Steadle here. I hope you have been well... it's been a while since we crossed trails.
I've been out of the loop on group rides for a long time, but still riding when I can.

I was at a recent public meeting about the Churchill Valley Country Club in Penn Hills.
The Allegheny Land Trust was asked to purchase this property and turn it into a park for the community.

They are asking for support from the community, and I just wanted to mention it to PORC, because it looks like if we participate in the planning we might be able to get bike trails there. Which would be awesome for me since I live next door to it. In fact, I'm hoping I can become part of the local crew that does maintenance there so that I can participate in the planning meetings and make sure we advocate for bike trails.

That all assumes they are successful in purchasing it. To me it looks good, but I want to spread the word about it and try to spin up some support from all the groups I can think of and that means PORC!

Maybe PORC already knows about this? I know there's been some PORC events at the nearby Blackridge Civic Association (great guys there too) and so maybe you're already plugged in. If not ,though, I'd be happy to be a bridge between ALT and PORC and maybe help schedule a presentation in front of a group?

A lot of info is here: Allegheny Land Trust<https://alleghenylandtrust.org/>.

Let me know if the horse is already out of the barn, and I'm just yelling something everyone already knows...

Cheers!

Eric Steadle | Support Account Manager | NetApp Inc.
412 243 7318 (desk) | 412 580 4423 (cell) | Eric.S...@netapp.com<mailto:Eric.S...@netapp.com>