game cameras for timelapse monitoring

Jeffrey Warren

Oct 11, 2016, 1:31:31 PM10/11/16
to plots-...@googlegroups.com, plots-wat...@googlegroups.com, plots-airquality
Hi, folks - trying to connect the dots here; in Vermont, we recently tested out a $95 waterproof "game camera" which can apparently do timelapse or motion-triggered photos for months at a time.

We'd been brainstorming how to choose a good camera for this sort of thing here: https://publiclab.org/questions/stevie/09-06-2016/question-has-anyone-used-a-timelapse-camera-in-stream-monitoring

The idea being to use these to monitor for different types of pollution events, and I circled back to this great post about doing just that, from the end of August: https://publiclab.org/notes/bkleist/08-30-2016/silica-frac-sand-research

What other requirements or considerations are there for this kind of thing? Reply in this thread or drop a comment into the question I mentioned above.

It'd be great to test it out more and potentially put together a guide on how to use these game cameras for this sort of monitoring.

Thanks to everyone who's pitched in on this, it'll be interesting to see what the next steps are!
Jeff

Jeffrey Warren

Oct 11, 2016, 1:34:28 PM10/11/16
to plots-wat...@googlegroups.com, plots-airquality, publicla...@googlegroups.com
Oops -- I used the wrong address for the midwest group, sorry! Fixed.