Cool "creeknet" project in London

Liz Barry

Sep 9, 2017, 6:32:06 PM9/9/17
to plots-wat...@googlegroups.com, Eymund Diegel, Cindy Regalado, Mateo Neira
Hi folks,

This update from Lauren Lapidge of the unMonastery crew, read through to the 2nd paragraph where they describe "creeknet" in London:

One of the projects we are working on at the labs is the testing and developing of the Mazizone. The Mazi projects started in December 2016 and is running until December next year. MAZI meaning 'together' in Greek set out explore how networking technologies can empower those in physical proximity together to shape their urban space and generate location based collective awareness. We've been building a toolkit for building local community wireless networks.
One of the MAZI partners SPC having been working on community networks in Deptford, South London since 2008. There pilot has involved embedding 'anchorholds' along the local creek that show ecological and environmental reports on your screen in a number of locations. This is one example of how the toolkit and DIY technologies could be used.

Any Londoners know this crew?