RIFFLE: open water

Jackson Riegler

Feb 6, 2015, 12:22:02 PM2/6/15
to plots-wat...@googlegroups.com
Hello!
I was wondering how to get involved in the open water project, I am a 14 year old intern for a watershed research institute near Lake Michigan! Any replies would be awesome because I am interested in the RIFFLE and how i can get my hands on one,
Thanks!

Liz Barry

Feb 6, 2015, 3:51:14 PM2/6/15
to plots-wat...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear from you Jackson! The Riffle is in active development and there is not a stable prototype that we're selling.

Hey everyone -- I just went looking for instructions on how to build a Riffle and came up empty-handed -- can someone on that team write back please?

THANKS!
Liz

--

Liz Barry
director of community development

Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today!

--
Post to this group at plots-wat...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-waterquality" group.

Liz Barry

Arthur Asodisen

Nov 18, 2015, 3:41:17 PM11/18/15
to plots-waterquality
Hi,

I am currently working on developing a relatively cheaper air quality monitoring. I can help improving Riffle in spare times into a more stable design.
Perhaps I can consider in my current design in air quality design to include water quality as well.

Best regards,
Arthur
asodisen.com

Patrick Hixenbaugh

Nov 25, 2015, 7:14:20 PM11/25/15
to plots-waterquality
Just to piggyback on this, my brother and I are interested in building a riffle analogue this winter to study road salt events in our local stream. I am a chemistry/environmental science major and he is an electrical engineer. What I want to do: build a conductivity/temperature sensor board using a breadboard first, and record data on an arduino uno. If I understand right, the riffle also uses a Real Time Clock to time the conductivity readings, which the standard uno doesn't have.

What I'd like to know is, is the github repo currently the best reference for building the sensor board and the riffle-analogue, or are there better references in the research notes and blog posts? Every time I look on the website, I find more great information.

Thanks,
Patrick