Fwd: {NYCWTA} Next Week: How We Can Save the Hudson

1 view

Liz Barry

Jun 22, 2015, 3:10:52 PM6/22/15
to plots-wat...@googlegroups.com
Should we submit any of our water quality testing to this?

From: NYS Senator Brad Hoylman <br...@bradhoylman.com>
Date: Fri, May 29, 2015 at 4:44 PM
Subject: Next Week: How We Can Save the Hudson

Dear Neighbor:

Thousands of gallons of domestic crude oil are being shipped along the Hudson River, threatening a catastrophic impact in the event of a spill. Dangerous PCB chemicals remain in the river from decades of industrial pollution, with long-term cleanup plans in flux. What can we do to protect the Hudson from these and other threats?

As Ranking Member of the Senate’s Environmental Conservation Committee, I am pleased to present a special panel discussion on the health of the Hudson River to take place on Thursday, June 4 from 6:30-8:30pm at the SVA Theatre at 333 West 23rd Street (between 8th and 9th Avenues). I will be joined by experts in the field who will discuss the state of the Hudson River, the mounting challenges it faces, and what we must do to preserve it for years to come. Panelists include Daniel Raichel, Staff Attorney for Natural Resources Defense Council; Paul Gallay, President and Hudson Riverkeeper for Riverkeeper; and Hayley Carlock, Environmental Attorney for Scenic Hudson.

This event is free and open to the public, but please RSVP by calling 212-633-8052 or by emailing hoy...@nysenate.gov. Please see the flyer below.

All best,

Brad Hoylman
State Senator