How to do upgrade Desktop Spectrometer Kit 2.0 to the version 3.0

pablo rey

Nov 14, 2016, 9:55:39 AM11/14/16
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am preparing a spectrometer demo session for the Bilbao MakerFaire (Spain) for this Friday, 2016. I have the old Desktop Spectrometer Kit 2.0 and I want to try to upgrade it to the 3.0 version. I am planning either building it live with the participants of showing them how to use it (or both).

I've seen the possibility to upgrade my 2.0 to 3.0 (http://store.publiclab.org/products/dsk-3-0-upgrade), but it is not clear to me what it exactly contains or if it is an upgrade form 2.0 or 2.5 version. I am trying to build it and test how feasible is to reproduce.

I'll be updating this research note:
https://publiclab.org/notes/pablo/11-09-2016/how-to-do-upgrade-desktop-spectrometer-kit-2-0-to-the-version-3-0

and posting questions as they come:
Now I am at this point Is the webcam from spectrometer v2.0 suitable for the upgrade to 3.0?

best,

pablo

Jeffrey Warren

Nov 14, 2016, 3:59:08 PM11/14/16
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Pablo - great to hear it. I left an answer on your webcam question, and we can link to your upgrading activity from the store once you round it out. Thanks!!!

--
Post to this group at plots-spectometry@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-spectrometry" group.