Looking for collaboration - raspberry pi project

Roni Segoly

Jun 25, 2015, 10:08:34 AM6/25/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I am looking into creating a kit to capture spectrum, using remote Raspberry, and share the data with additional information from sensors like light level.
I have some of pieces working and of course will be using Spectral tools.

1. Raspberry Pi set up is the easiest part of me. I have Raspberry connected to the world  using Cellular modem (or network via  Wifi/Ethernet). It checks for commands from server, takes pictures via Web cam (Spectral kit) and uploads via FTP to specific site, even sends mail is asked

2. The PI has additional sensors such as light and data is also pushed to server with time stamp.

3. The pictures have to be analyzed and it can be done in various ways (this part is missing)
  • offline tool on Pi or server
  • Automatic upload to spectral site
4. Automatic download json format from Spectral site, and show in graph with sensors data or
 whatever is required

The final goal is to supply tools for school (or project) to learn about light spectrum, focusing on spectrum of LED (The risks of blue light) and Light pollution from the aspect of intrusion of street light to back yards and home etc. The tools will include platform to share data from various locations and projects