"Paper Research Notes"

Jeffrey Warren

Aug 1, 2014, 6:27:54 PM8/1/14
to organ...@publiclab.org, plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
We had a great time at the meetup Stevie put together for the Oil Testing Kit last night in the PL New Orleans space!

One thing we took away was the idea of doing pencil/paper research notes, to be photographed at the end and posted -- with attribution and everything. Check it out:

Mathew's doing a PDF and we thought it's a great idea for any PL event. We specifically kicked off the event by acknowledging that all questions, ideas, etc. are part of the collaborative research process, and by doing it on paper, it replicated what actually happens on PublicLab.org.

Also check out our idea of laying out the workshop by 4 steps in the process, which helped situate each table and actvity in the overall process. The workshop went super well!

Leave feedback in the linked note if you can!