EEM 2D Spectrums Showing Evidence of Attenuation from Imperfections in Acetate Film Strips

1 view

David haffner sr

Aug 20, 2016, 1:31:09 PM8/20/16
to plots-spectrometry

I conducted two exact experiments using the 0.09mm acetate film slit from Plab store and a new 0.11mm Gillette razor blade slit I constructed (open-air slit.) The EEM plot program in Spekwin32 allows me to calculate the degree of polarization of a selected spectrum and display it as a 2D graphic, which is very useful because I can see just how bad or how well the spectrum is cleaned up. ie., I can see the effects of fingerprints on the cuvette and scratches and imperfections on the cuvette also.

It also allows me to zoom in closely to any point in the spectrum for a closer look, that's what I did here. I replaced the old slit with the new one and did the same absorption experiments I did on Aug 10th with Eosin Y and Ethanol, using my Solux 4700K lamp.

http://publiclab.org/notes/dhaffnersr/08-20-2016/eem-2d-spectrums-showing-evidence-of-attenuation-from-imperfections-in-acetate-film-strips

Thanks Dave H