Let’s break down language barriers. Help translate publiclab.org!

Liz Barry

Nov 1, 2016, 10:25:19 AM11/1/16
to L...@publiclab.org
Hi everyone,

Thanks to Jitesh's great work in Google Summer of Code, it's now possible to translate publiclab.org's dropdown menus, footer, alert messages, etc, into your own preferred language(s).

Visit https://publiclab.org/wiki/translation and see the options for getting involved.

There’s
1) no coding experience necessary
and
2) no commitment to translate even a single word.

Inline image 1

Why this effort?
  • Have you ever wished PublicLab.org was in your preferred language?
  • Have you browsed Spanish language posts on https://publiclab.org/tag/lang:es, and wondered when all the menus and sidebars could be in other languages too?
  • Are you unsatisfied with the quality of translation your web browser can provide?
How are we going to accomplish this?

We’ve set up on a platform called Transifex. I wrote up several activities for Transifex that you can follow, such as

2. how to find words and phrases to translate: https://publiclab.org/notes/liz/10-26-2016/translating-on-transifex

There are also more activities that you could explore, like reviewing what others have translated, or even becoming a manager of the project.

See the main project page here: https://publiclab.org/wiki/translation

:D

Liz

--

Liz Barry
director of community development

Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today!