Fwd: CWQT Week 20--results

Rob Buchanan

Sep 29, 2017, 5:56:03 PM9/29/17
to nycwta steering committee

This is it--the last week of our sampling season. It was also the first week of the season with no rain at all, and as you might expect the numbers in most places were good. In other words, swim now!

Here's hoping that the places where the numbers weren't good--this week and over the course of the season--get some extra love and attention and green infrastructure soon.

Our all-sites table is here

Individual site results are available on our map interface here.

Upcoming events:

Lemon Creek Beach Cleanup, Sept 30 (tomorrow), 10-12--a very cool part of Staten Island if you've never checked it out before. Sign up here.

CWQT Season-Ending Party, otherwise known as the annual Golden Toilet Awards: Oct 19, 6 pm, at The River Project Field Station on Pier 40. Come one, come all--but try to let us know in advance so we can provision accordingly!

Links of Interest:

Dredging of Gowanus Canal's Toxic Sludge Set To Begin, EPA Says

Giant Wild Oysters Invade Tribeca

Selfie Slide Show:

Inline image 1

Josh Vogel: Valentino Pier in Redhook and Piers 2 and 4 in Brooklyn Bridge Park.

Inline image 3

Daniele Benedetti, Pier 42/Jackson Street and Stuyvesant Cove.

Inline image 2

Ira Gershenhorn: West 133rd, West 145th, and West 172nd Street.

Inline image 1

Zanna Shapiro (or her hand, anyway) at Dumbo Cove.

Inline image 2

Zanna's sister Maria sampling at Dumbo Cove.

Inline image 3

Jessica Joyner at Canarsie Pier.

Inline image 4

The Brooklyn College team at Calvert Vaux Park.

Inline image 5

No selfie from Cody Hermann this week; instead, we got this shot of menhaden schooling at World's Fair Marina.

Inline image 6

Pamela Pettyjohn also skipped the selfie but did send this shot of reporter Kyle Mackie interviewing her at Kaiser Park.

Inline image 7

Site Selfie: Peter J. Sharpe boathouse (thank you Anastasia Galkowski).

Inline image 8

Robert Coover: Prospect Park Lake.

Inline image 9

Caterina Panzeca's Field Methods class: SUNY Maritime.

That's it for 2017!

Thanks for all your interest and support, and a special thanks to all our partner labs: at Sarah Lawrence, Columbia, John Jay, Manhattan College, Rocking the Boat, SUNY Maritime, Queens College, LaGuardia College, Brooklyn College, and the Interstate Environmental Commission on Staten Island.

See you next spring!

Rob, Nancy, Nina, Melissa, Dan, Jen, and Sebastien