Three new [paid] Public Lab fellowships

Shannon Dosemagen

Sep 15, 2015, 12:20:14 PM9/15/15
to Klie
Passing along a message from Klie about new Public Lab fellowships, please share!

Shannon

---

Hello everyone!

We have a few new Sprint Fellowship opportunities at Public Lab and we don't want you to miss out!  All three fellowships last about three months and are accompanied by a $3000 USD Fellowship Stipend:

Homebrew Fellowship: DIY Oil Testing Narratives
Social people, this one is for you!  We need someone who wants to connect the science directly to our communities via interviews and the development of advocacy materials/resources.
Background Preferred:  Social Sciences, Interviewing and Writing Experience

Sprint Fellowship: Oil Sheen Testing
Take our Oil Testing Beta Kit into the field for testing. Use an awesome laser.  Document your techniques extensively.
Background Preferred:  Chemistry, (Environmental or Analytical)
Help make Public Lab's Spectrometer even better!  Document procedures, create a portfolio of spectra, suggest modifications.
Background Preferred:  Physics or Chemistry, Spectroscopy

Note that these backgrounds are preferred, not required.  If you have relevant experience or have contributed to Public Lab in any of these categories, you should definitely apply!

Contact kl...@publiclab.org with any questions, and please pass this along to your friends or to strangers in the lab if they look friendly.

Thanks for being a part of our collaborative community,
Klie

--
Shannon Dosemagen
Public Laboratory for Open Technology and Science