Infragram on Python for webcam

Paulo Kemper Filho

Aug 7, 2014, 10:23:34 PM8/7/14
to plots-i...@googlegroups.com
So I am writing an NDVI / DVI program on Python to use with the infragram webcam on Linux platforms. So far I managed to display NDVI, DVI and the raw image. The color coding was a bit arbitrary but I think it matches the infragram website. Since I am using a webcam, I am hoping to find a way to use the v4l2 commands in order to set up arbitrary conditions programatically. Has anyone done something similar using Python?

Cheers,
Paulo

Jeffrey Warren

Aug 9, 2014, 1:00:15 PM8/9/14
to Paulo Kemper Filho, plots-i...@googlegroups.com
Wow, very cool - well, there is a bit of code referenced in this thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/plots-infrared/python/plots-infrared/VOrGa4RXviQ/ilc-V5wQNk0J

Actually people have asked before and it'd be really helpful if you could post some of those links in a new section on the Infragram wiki... http://publiclab.org/wiki/infragram

would you be willing to help out and list them? Are you planning to open source your own code? it sounds exciting!

Jeff

--
Post to this group at plots-i...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-infrared" group.

Paulo Kemper Filho

Aug 11, 2014, 12:42:10 AM8/11/14
to plots-i...@googlegroups.com, paulokem...@gmail.com, je...@publiclab.org
I started a wiki page for the python codes. Since I am new to this wiki business, please check the infragram wiki and the python stub to see if I didn't do anything too bad. I don't mind open-sourcing the code, but I have to mention that parts of the example code I posted came from some few different pages which I didn't keep track of (the NDVI and DVI functions are 100% written by me though), so if that's bad please remove that.

Also, it would be awesome to make these basic functions into a library, but I started Python last week and I am not familiar with the process of making libraries yet. Anyone volunteering?

Cheers,
Paulo

Jeffrey Warren

Aug 11, 2014, 12:05:34 PM8/11/14
to Paulo Kemper Filho, plots-i...@googlegroups.com
Wow, fantastic. Thanks, Paulo - i added some tags.

Daniel Smith

Aug 12, 2014, 5:30:45 PM8/12/14
to plots-i...@googlegroups.com, paulokem...@gmail.com, je...@publiclab.org
I think i can help out with this. ill get cracking this evening