NDVI - USB Infragram Webcam

Elisa Paola Arias Castro

Apr 6, 2015, 12:18:18 PM4/6/15
to plots-i...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Morning

I wrote to you last week, because I had have some troubles trying to understand the NDVI. I already had a help I realized that I tooked the wrong pictures.

Last weekend I tooked the correct pictures and I Think I'll need your help again. We have a USB Infragram webcam , and we used all the options you have on analysis (About Infragrammar) on the website. we don't know exactly which the picture show the NDVI and how can we read?.

Thank you for your help.

Cordialmente

papa-2015-04-06.zip

Elisa Paola Arias Castro

Apr 10, 2015, 5:15:26 PM4/10/15
to plots-i...@googlegroups.com, Jeffrey Warren
papa-2015-04-06.zip

Elisa Paola Arias Castro

Apr 17, 2015, 10:05:54 AM4/17/15
to plots-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Someone can help me with that?? I really need your help.  I'm from Colombia and I haven't found enough information about NDVI, we need a light by the way.

I'll be gratefull if someone can help me.

Cordialmente

papa-2015-04-06.zip

Ned Horning

Apr 17, 2015, 11:28:14 AM4/17/15
to plots-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elisa,

I took a look at one of your images (2015-04-04T18_21_37.147Z.jpg) and I don't think you will be able to use this for calculating NDVI. Is this what the image looked like originally or was this processed in some way? The problem with the image I looked at is that there is not much variation in the different bands of the photo. The histograms for each band are almost identical which is quite odd. This is the type of image I would expect if each of the sensor channels were recording a broad range of visible through near-infrared wavelengths. Are you certain there is a filter installed?

I haven't used an Infragram Webcam so perhaps someone who has one can write to provide information about using it that will be helpful.

If you can send me another image from the webcam without any processing I can look a little more carefully to see if I can figure out what the problem is.

All the best,

Ned
--
Post to this group at plots-i...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-infrared" group.

Elisa Paola Arias Castro

May 12, 2015, 12:10:30 PM5/12/15
to plots-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi Morning

I'm wirtting to you because i worte to you sometimes with some question about NDVI, actually I have good information about it but isn't enough so we are trying to find more information about the pictures we already tooked and we processed using infragram, but we don't know yet if the pictures we have show the NDVI or if we have to take another one.

I'm thankful

Cordialmente

May 12, 2015, 12:33:09 PM5/12/15
to plots-i...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Thx for your answer, so we are going to take more picture without any filter. And I'll like to know If I can get in touch with someone by skype because we are having more question and is good if we can count with your support.

Thank you