Using IR with Photoshop or Aperture

Steven Cole

Apr 18, 2016, 4:42:58 PM4/18/16
to plots-infrared
I am trying to isolate the red (ie IR) channel with photo editing software on a Mac, but it is clear that I am in over my head. Is there a guide or some general tips on how to use photo editing software in order to capture the IR without using the online Public Labs software?

Chris Fastie

Apr 18, 2016, 4:57:36 PM4/18/16
to plots-infrared
Steven,

In Photoshop you should look for the Channel Mixer (Image/Adjustments/Channel Mixer). Adjust the blue and green channels to zero and only the red channel will be displayed. Or try Window/Channels to display individual channels. Fiji is really good at that and will automatically make three grayscale images, one for each channel. Irfanview also does this.

Chris

Jeffrey Warren

Apr 18, 2016, 5:08:47 PM4/18/16
to Chris Fastie, plots-infrared

This may help!

https://publiclab.org/notes/warren/10-25-2011/video-tutorial-creating-infrared-composites-aerial-wetlands-imagery

Also some for the open source GIMP program:

https://publiclab.org/notes/warren/10-27-2011/video-tutorial-creating-false-color-ndvi-aerial-wetlands-imagery

--
Post to this group at plots-i...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-infrared" group.