review needed for Infragram Point & Shoot instructions and preloaded SD card

Jeffrey Warren

Jul 25, 2014, 1:43:10 PM7/25/14
to plots-i...@googlegroups.com, organ...@publiclab.org, Natalie Mayorga
Hi, all - we've been working on the instructions for the Mobius-based Infragram Point & Shoot, and have an SD card image with instructions, examples, etc. which we're going to put on all of them. We're hoping to place the order ASAP and hoped y'all could help double check it before we get SD cards made.

The SD cards will each have these files: https://github.com/publiclab/infragram-ps

which is based largely on this wiki page: http://publiclab.org/wiki/infragram-point-shoot

Can folks look it over, provide input, etc? We're sorry for the tight schedule but mostly looking for errors or last-minute fixes as I know Natalie is eager to place this order.

We were originally going to put a whole copy of Infragram.org on there, but unfortunately due to the new (excellent) socket upload feature, it no longer works in offline mode, and we haven't had time to fix that yet. Next batch!

Best,
Jeff

Chris Fastie

Jul 26, 2014, 3:21:45 PM7/26/14
to plots-i...@googlegroups.com, organ...@publiclab.org, nat...@publiclab.org, je...@publiclab.org

The pdf file has links all over the place which make it hard to read and proofread. I assume this pdf is not the final version. Here are a few quick notes:

The “good bad” image is not properly explained.

third paragraph:

“We then post-process the image to attempt to infer how

much it is photosynthesizing.”

[images don’t photosynthesize]

“This allows us to better understand and quantify how much of the

available light plants are metabolizing into sugar via photosynthesis.”

[Plants don’t metabolize light, they use it for energy to power metabolism. ]

BASICS

Before you begin, to take useful plant analysis photos, you'll have to…

[comma]

Patrick Coyle

Jul 26, 2014, 3:39:39 PM7/26/14
to plots-or...@googlegroups.com, plots-i...@googlegroups.com, organ...@publiclab.org, Natalie Mayorga
Look good to a novice reader who hasn't used the Mobius.

Chris Fastie

Jul 26, 2014, 4:35:25 PM7/26/14
to plots-i...@googlegroups.com, organ...@publiclab.org, nat...@publiclab.org, je...@publiclab.org
Sorry, plants use light to power photosynthesis, not metabolism.

Jeffrey Warren

Jul 28, 2014, 5:14:27 PM7/28/14
to Chris Fastie, plots-i...@googlegroups.com, organ...@publiclab.org, Natalie Mayorga
Natalie - i can take care of these edits.

Chris - thanks for the catches. The PDF is like that because it's just the wiki page, printed to PDF. I think we're going to have to stick with it for this version (because of time constraints) but at some point we can try to get it to generate the alternate Markdown rendering of links which puts them in footnotes.

We of course prefer if people go to the website but want to accommodate offline users just in case

--
Post to this group at plots-i...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-infrared" group.

Jeffrey Warren

Jul 28, 2014, 5:19:35 PM7/28/14
to Chris Fastie, plots-i...@googlegroups.com, organ...@publiclab.org, Natalie Mayorga
Great, edits made - we are good to go. Thanks all!