Trouble connecting kits ir webcam to Infragram dash

Bronwen Densmore

Feb 28, 2017, 10:36:44 AM2/28/17
to plots-infrared
I'm prepping for an event and am finding that the web cam (from the kits store) isn't connecting directly to the controls on the sandbox page. I can access and take photos from other programs and upload, but 9 times out of 10 the dashboard won't recognize the kits webcam at all, and even when it does the image doesn't come up.

 I've tried a few combinations of cameras, browsers, OS, and nothing seems to work, so I am assuming there might be a blip on the software side, but was wondering if anyone else was experiencing a problem or had a solution?

Thanks!

Jeffrey Warren

Feb 28, 2017, 4:47:53 PM2/28/17
to Bronwen Densmore, plots-infrared
Hi, hmm, it does seem that it can't make a connection. I wonder if you could post this bug to the site: https://github.com/p-v-o-s/infragram-js

But i think in the meantime, do you need live processing? If not, you can capture with the webcam and upload to infragram.org

Or use the Photo Monitoring plugin: https://publiclab.org/wiki/photo-monitoring-plugin

I'm sorry, we don't have a very robust group of software contributors on that project, and are starting to plan to address that, but I hope this works for you for now.

Best,
Jeff

--
Post to this group at plots-infrared@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-infrared" group.