some great Public Lab related Instructables

Jeffrey Warren

Dec 11, 2015, 12:03:45 PM12/11/15
to publicla...@googlegroups.com, plots-i...@googlegroups.com, plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
A great one was posted today as a research note on how to make a foldable spectrometer on a desktop paper cutter: http://www.instructables.com/id/Silhouette-cut-Public-Lab-Mobile-spectrometer/?ALLSTEPS

I also saw this great one on calibrating an Infragram modded camera: http://www.instructables.com/id/Multispectral-DIY-Camera-Calibration/

And this is a bit older I think, but has such great explanations and illustrations of the 2.5 Desktop Spectrometry Kit:

 Inline image 1

DrBrian

Dec 12, 2015, 11:19:01 AM12/12/15
to The Public Laboratory for Open Technology and Science, plots-i...@googlegroups.com, plots-spe...@googlegroups.com, je...@publiclab.org
I had written that desktop foldable cutter one a few months ago for the silhouette challenge in which MakerSpace.org.uk(our local NCL based hackerspace) was given one and a challenge to publish a number of instructables.  However I realised I hadn't yet posted it as a research note. Hope you enjoy it.
At the moment it uses the silhouette software encoding. Should be easish to convert to use it in another vector program.
cheers
Brian