Cool website

Sue Ellen Lyons

Aug 26, 2014, 1:25:21 PM8/26/14
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com

Scott & Stevie,

Are you familiar with this program?  Looks like a good place to share some of your photos.

Thanks,

SE

This information is provided to you as a courtesy because you are a current member of NESTA, and have elected to receive periodic updates from us.

Digital Earth Watch and Picture Post Network

Activities and tools for observing and measuring environmental change

The land, water, and air around us are changing. Often, the changes are subtle and we cannot see them without the help of modern technology.

Repeat photographs reveal measurable changes in vegetation including phenology, growth patterns and plant health, snow and water levels, and sky conditions. A Picture Post is an easy to build platform for collecting panoramic photographic data from the same vantage point. Participants upload their pictures and share findings on the Picture Post website. As a whole, the Network contributes to national climate change monitoring programs.

Collecting pictures is just the beginning! Picture Post and Digital Earth Watch (DEW) are online resources for educators, students, communities, and citizens to design and carry out investigations, challenges, and environmental stewardship projects with low-cost, do-it-yourself tools and a free software program, Analyzing Digital Images (ADI), for measuring spatial features in a picture and to analyze plant health based on color.

For more information contact:

Dr. Annette Schloss
University of New Hampshire
446 Morse Hall
Durham, NH 03824

Email: picturepo...@picturepost.unh.edu
Phone: (603) 862-0348
Fax: (603) 862-0188

The Picture Post Network is part of the Digital Earth Watch (DEW) environmental-monitoring program. Picture Post is based at the University of New Hampshire and was developed with funding from NASA.

http://picturepost.unh.edu/

Sue Ellen Lyons

Science Department Chair

Assistant Athletic Director

Holy Cross School

504-942-3100 (w)

sly...@holycrosstigers.com

http://www.holycrosstigers.com

I became a teacher for the money – the power and fame were just a bonus.

"I like a teacher who gives me something to take home to think about besides homework."  - Lily Tomlin
"Science literacy is a vaccine against the charlatans of the world that would exploit your ignorance."- Neil deGrasse Tyson
No trees were injured in the creation of this E-mail, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Holy Cross School, 5500 Paris Ave. New Orleans, LA 70122.

Stevie Lewis

Aug 26, 2014, 2:23:56 PM8/26/14
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com
Neat! Thanks Sue Ellen!

--
Public Lab mailing lists (http://publiclab.org/lists) are great for discussion, but to get attribution, open source your work, and make it easy for others to find and cite your contributions, please publish your work at http://publiclab.org
---

Sue Ellen Lyons