Final checklist for GSOC completion!

Jeffrey Warren

Aug 15, 2016, 8:58:45 AM8/15/16
to plots...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all -- just going through all the final things we'll need to wrap up this month. Some are bigger than others, of course, but I've got:

1. wrap up your projects! (haha of course)
2. turn 2-3 of your remaining tasks into "help-wanted" issues
3. find a very easy "first-timers-only" issue (see examples of step-by-step here: https://github.com/publiclab/plots2/labels/first-timers-only)
4. make sure (documentation, README additions, inline comments) that other devs will be able to follow your work and add to it
5. prepare 1-5 slides for the upcoming OpenHour, and consider whether you want to do a live demo
6. write a wrap-up research note introducing what you've done to everyone else -- use the screenshots from your OpenHour as illustrations!

What else? Have I forgotten anything?

Jeff

Richard Meister

Aug 19, 2016, 1:16:30 PM8/19/16
to plots-gsoc, je...@publiclab.org
Hi Jeff,

is the wrap-up note also intended as submission link for the endterm evaluation?

Best regards,
Richard

Jeffrey Warren

Aug 19, 2016, 1:59:48 PM8/19/16
to Richard Meister, plots-gsoc
It certainly can be -- that seems most efficient -- but if you have a good reason to do it differently, happy to discuss. Thanks!

Richard Meister

Aug 19, 2016, 2:47:02 PM8/19/16
to plots-gsoc, richard.m...@googlemail.com, je...@publiclab.org
No that's fine, just wanted to be sure I understood it correctly.

Thanks :)

Jeffrey Warren

Aug 25, 2016, 11:47:53 AM8/25/16
to Richard Meister, plots-gsoc
Hi, all - just a thought based on Ananyo's submission -- creating a Milestone for all of your completed PRs and issues would be a really good way to present /all/ your work in one location on Github, that you can link to via a single URL: https://github.com/publiclab/plots2/milestones

Except of course for Richard, who contributed to 2 different repositories.

Thanks! Reading carefully through all these today.