Re: [plots-baltimore-dc] Formaldehyde community input survey

Liz Barry

Jan 23, 2017, 2:04:32 PM1/23/17
to Nick Shapiro
Thanks Nick!
Hi folks,
i just did this survey on air quality, and I thought you might like to do it too!

It asks very simple questions and takes less than 5 minutes:

Here's the direct link:

--

Liz Barry
director of community development

Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today!

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Nick Shapiro <shapir...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello everyone!

We are interested in hearing from you!

Public Lab is collaborating with researchers at Morphix Technologies, Ohio State University, University of Buffalo, and Syracuse university in an NSF-funded project to design a new extremely low-cost system for formaldehyde detection. We are hoping to design a system that is broadly accessible and of interest to people everywhere, as formaldehyde in one of the most common toxicants. Please help us design a better system by completing this survey, helping us ensure that what we develop will meet your needs. We’ll close the survey on January 31st.

Thank you so much for your time! Our finished product should be available within a year. The work involves the development of a free and validated smartphone app that can be used to monitor the color changes of low-cost formaldehyde-detecting badges without needing to send those badges to a lab. The coding on our badge analysis app will be openly licensed so that it can be applied to other environmental justice issues in the future.

Best regards,

Nick Shapiro + Gretchen Gehrke + the team

--
Public Lab mailing lists (http://publiclab.org/lists) are great for discussion, but to get attribution, open source your work, and make it easy for others to find and cite your contributions, please publish your work at http://publiclab.org
---