GSoC '17 - Android app for Infragram and MapKnitter

Aditya

Mar 15, 2017, 7:24:33 AM3/15/17
to plots-dev
I would love to work on either of the Apps as a project this season. I am an avid Android Enthusiast and learner. I have precious experience with Android Dev. and been doing it for the past 2 years. I am a final year engineer in the making. Can you please brief on how to start with these projects and what are the basic requirements and guidelines. If Mentor available, please Mention Name, Email. Also, add me to the org on Github.

Regards
Aditya

Jeffrey Warren

Mar 16, 2017, 11:18:39 PM3/16/17
to Aditya, plots-dev
Hi, Aditya, thank you for writing!

In general, we have moved away from native apps, in favor of Electron or otherwise web stack based systems, because of our limited capacity to do long-term maintainance on multiple platforms. But wrapping them in a native app wrapper would be fine.

For example, our Sky Camera app was worked on for two summers, but we just don't have capacity to be maintaining it as an independent project:

I'm sorry if this means you're not interested in our projects, but we'd love to have your help on either image-sequencer or plots2!
Best,
Jeff