Publishing a Research Note (Using Transifex's Translating Platform) for Google Code-in

meeg...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2017, 9:51:39 AM1/3/17
to plots-dev
Hello, I published a research note with this link: https://publiclab.org/notes/gegeneo/01-03-2017/using-transifex-s-translating-platform and it needs to get published.

I also made an awesome YouTube video explaining how to use the platform: Take a look and tell me what you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwalrTRGKTk&feature=youtu.be

Thanks,
Mostafa

Ananyo Maiti

Jan 3, 2017, 1:44:48 PM1/3/17
to plots-dev, meeg...@gmail.com
Jeff can you publish this research note? It is of a Google Code-in student and his task is waiting for review!

Jeffrey Warren

Jan 3, 2017, 1:57:56 PM1/3/17
to Ananyo Maiti, plots-dev, meeg...@gmail.com
Done, sorry for the delay!

Liz Barry

Jan 3, 2017, 2:10:10 PM1/3/17
to Jeffrey Warren, Ananyo Maiti, plots-dev, Mostafa Elgayar
Hi Ananyo,
It seems like multiple people are posting instructions on how to use Transifex...is this the case? Perhaps we can update the GCI task.

Also, can we still add new GCI tasks?

Ananyo Maiti

Jan 3, 2017, 2:15:19 PM1/3/17
to Liz Barry-Publiclab, plots-dev, meeg...@gmail.com, Jeffrey Warren
Yes Liz the task mentions to post a research note and a video with it. I thought since it is a outreach task having more instance count won't harm. A maximum of 15 instance count has been set. If you say I can reduce it or modify it as per the need. Yes we can still add tasks. Contest ends on 16th Jan

Liz Barry

Jan 3, 2017, 2:17:47 PM1/3/17
to Ananyo Maiti, plots-dev, Mostafa Elgayar, Jeffrey Warren
ah interesting! So the task is to not only join transifex and actually translate, but also to post an instructional video in a research note about how others can do it?

I have another potential task for someone with good chinese to english translation abilities. Is this too specific for GCI?

meeg...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2017, 2:18:03 PM1/3/17
to plots-dev
Thank you so much for publishing my research note, and looking forward to doing more tasks with you :)

Thanks,
Mostafa

Ananyo Maiti

Jan 3, 2017, 2:24:03 PM1/3/17
to meeg...@gmail.com, plots-dev
@Liz Yes that's what it states. Yes sure go ahead perhaps you can document in a research note or github wiki and I can publish it as a task. But Fossasia doesn't allow pure translation based tasks so take care of that.

@Mostafa Please wait a bit. I am taking off for a bit. I will approve it asap